Chauffeur Drive Systems have teamed up with Quartix vehicle trackers, to integrate their trackers into our chauffeur software. We believe the valuable information gained through the trackers is a useful addition, to help you streamline the management of your chauffeur business.
But you can already track vehicles through the CDS system?
We provide a mapping function within the system that tracks the vehicle, thanks to locations being sent from the chauffeur App on the drivers’ phone. This information can then be sent as a weblink to either the PA or to the passenger, so that they can monitor the real-time progress of the vehicle.
This method of vehicle tracking works well for smaller companies and owner drivers but tracking through an App is always reliant on the driver being motivated to use it. The chauffeur needs to download the App onto their phone, allow location services, keep their phone charged and actively progress the job as it happens. The App works by pinging back its location, speed and bearing every 60 seconds but also relies on having suitable location GPS satellites. This can be blocked by the driver for instance, by storing his phone in the door pocket or by simply turning his phone off.
The big advantage of this method of vehicle tracking is that it comes free as part of our cloud-based chauffeur system, and if your company deals mainly with sub-contracting work, this will be the best option as they will not be willing to put a tracker in their vehicle. But this method of tracking vehicles has limitations as mentioned, and it only provides real time tracking with no supplementary information.
Advantages of using a hard-wired tracker.
We decided to integrate the Quartix tracker Api into our software for its wider functionality. It is a more effective option for tracking vehicles as it is attached to the vehicle and so always on, the mapping is much more accurate and provides a wealth of information that can help you manage your company more efficiently.
- Cost savings – Leading to better financial management, the information on fuel consumption allows better fuel management by analysing and eliminating unwanted driver behaviour such as speeding, unnecessary idling and maintenance time. Fuel consumption can be reduced by up to 25% and idling can be reduced by up to 30%.
- Safety of Drivers– Driving style analysis can help analyse and monitor driver behaviour leading to better driver and passenger safety and reducing accidents. By pinpointing the best and worst driver performance, driver training programmes can be tailored accordingly. The safe speed database logs driver adherence to the legal speed limits on their journeys, highlighting drivers who break the law and require further training on safe speeds.
- Discounts on Insurance – Some insurance companies will offer lower insurance if trackers are fitted to vehicles. This is due to the availability of information on fleet, improving safety of employees and vehicles and theft prevention. The system will send alerts to notify the vehicle owner of suspicious behaviour allowing for quick reaction.
- Reduces fraudulent driver behaviour – Geo-fencing areas can also be set up by the owner marking out areas where drivers should and should not be operating, so you can set up prohibited zones to prevent employees disappearing off home while on shift.
- Better employee management, and vehicle utilisation. The live route information from the system allows you to avoid problems on the way, so that you can avoid construction on the road or traffic jams. Vehicle utilisation can be increased by up to 20%.
This is only a snapshot of vehicle tracker functionality, if you want to find out more about the Quartix trackers you can contact Katie Jones @ firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile number 01686 807611.
Or if you want further information about our vehicle tracking options and would like to chat with us on the merits of using Chauffeur Drive Systems, please give us a ring, drop us an email or take a look at our website. Even better, we would love to show you our system if you can spare us an hour. We can share screens with you and show you how it all works while answering any queries you might have.
Telephone: 01786 611299